When used with a Garmin Edge 830 or 1030 device the Varia provides a Widget screen to monitor and quickly change settings during a ride.
The screen allows you to do the following during a ride:
- View battery life
- Override the active light mode
- Access the light/radar settings screens
This screen is very handy for quick updates during a ride. I use it most to check the battery and to quickly swap the light mode, usually to set Off when running low on battery. Doing so turns off the light but leaves the radar on so I can still see oncoming traffic. In this "low power" mode, the radar will continue to run for quite a while.
How to Use with a Garmin Edge 830/1030
- Ensure an activity is running/recording.
- Swipe down from the top edge of the screen.
- Select the left/right buttons at the bottom until the
Light Modescreen is showing.
- Select the left/right buttons at the top of the screen to change the primary
- Select a
Taillightoption to override the currently-set light mode.
- When an override is set, select
Cancel Overrideto remove it.
Light Networkscreen to adjust any other settings.
Enable/Disable the Light Widget
You can enable or disable the monitoring Light Widget.
- Select the three bar icon at the bottom.
 The Garmin Edge 530/earlier and Wahoo units do not support a live monitoring mode.